Wednesday, 3 July 2013

The Joy of Parenting pt. 3

I bet you couldn't have waited any longer for part 3 of the Joy of Parenting postcards!


Shiiiiit.....
The Saturday Evening Post, April 18, 1953, 15 cents

Awkward sex talk is awkward... for both Dad and son.
The Saturday Evening Post, 14 July 1951, 15 cents
The book's title: The Facts of Life .... http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37776684.jpg 

Oh I totally know how the babysitter feels... Hate that.
The Saturday Evening Post, February 15, 1958, 15 cents

Party time - before and after. Times haven't changed at all..
Week ending January 8 1955 Every Wednesday Fourpence
Week ending February 1 1958 Every Wednesday Fourpence
Book extract: Nurse is a Neighbour by Joanna Jones
Hornblower and the Spanish Slaver by C. S. Forester
The Man on the Rim of Death

Do check out Part 1 and Part 2 as well!

I love looking at these magazines covers better than looking at classic ads, these are a bit more accurate, I think, they show the real life of the earlier years better.
A little less glam is okay.

This blogpost wasn't short without a reason : I don't want to leave my good old Poirot for too long..! ;)

Hugs and kisses and greetings and love and good intentions and everything
- Jessica


1 comment:

  1. Honest diapers have the best price I could get for size 3 diapers. Even though it is slightly costlier than some, it saved me on the taxes. I considered cruizers too, but opted for the dry diapers. I don't particularly see the difference between the two.
    honest company reviews

    ReplyDelete