Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Hi there!

Welcome to my blog, Jessica's Vintage.

My name is Jessica Verhoeven, I live in a small town in the Netherlands, and I'm 16 years old.
I'm crazy about reading, history, England, God and Jesus, city trips, high teas and coffee.
But one very important one: vintage!

I especially love the 1940s: women were talented in picking practical yet classy outfits. I also adore the waisted silhouette of the 1950s and I have a thing for the 1960s' sugar sweet pastels.

What can you expect if you're going to follow my blog?
I will have updates from vintage finds (that can be fashion but also things like a classic chair) to how-to's on, for example, classic hairstyles.

I am interested in politics and
news as well, so I will probably update about that too.

Oh, and I have Instagram, follow me @jessicasvintage. :)

Xo Jessica


7 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica, well done for starting your new blog! Your hair is amazing! Do blog some outfit posts sometime, I'd love to see your wardrobe as you look very glamorous! Looking forward to following your progress.

    I started my blog a few months ago and it's turned into a lot of fun. Do pop by mine if you fancy a peek into my English country world, I'm actually just back from a little autumnal weekend in Paris...

    Emalina
    www.kikiandthegypsy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, such a sweet message! :)
      Thanks for following, you won't regret it!
      I am definitely going to blog outfit posts. (and more ;) )

      Lovely blog you have. <3

      Xo Jessica

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging (says the new blogger)! Can't wait to read more!

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3
      I love your blog :)

      xoxo Jessica

      Delete
  3. Hey, thanks for checking out my blog! Yours is great, too.

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica, I have just started to read (and now follow) your blog after you left me a kind message on mine and started following me. I would like to say thank you for following me, and now I have finished university I should be posting more regularly. Also it is great to hear that you share a passion for history, I found it was definitely worth studying it at university to be able to do research on the ear I love (1940s) for my dissertation.

    I look forward to reading your future posts.

    Annabelle
    (Vintage History Student)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 16 too! (Well, you must be 17 about now) And I loooove the anything from the 30s-50s. I am just starting out vintage for the first time this year and am still preparing for me to go full time vintage. I'm so glad that there are other people my age who like this sort of stuff too! :) Thanks for the blog. You really have a sweet and pleasant way about you that makes me smile to read it.

    ReplyDelete